Wild and romantic gorge ∙ narrow trails and small bridges
Distance 11 km
This pleasure walk takes us on challenging trails through the unspoiled "Rötenbachschlucht" to the mouth of the Wutach. After a climb we reach the viewpoint "Am Hörnle". The magnificent view to the Feldberg and far beyond the gorge landscape, can be enjoyed during a long rest. Then the path leads back and crosses the "Roßgraben" again the "Rötenbach". Through the magical Krebsgraben we return to "Rötenbach".
An ant trail can be discovered while we are hiking!
Safety informationSurefootedness is required!
Tips and hintsDieses Projekt wurde gefördert durch den Naturpark Südschwarzwald mit Mitteln des Landes Baden-Württemberg, der Lotterie Glücksspirale und der Europäischen Union (ELER).
Getting thereFrom Freiburg: federal highway B31, exit Rötenbach/Göschweiler. From Lörrach: via B317 and B500 to B31; follow B31 towards Donaueschingen, exit Rötenbach/Göschweiler
ParkingWanderparkplatz Hardt oder Sportplatz Rötenbach
32T 447034 5304196
EquipmentWe recommend sturdy shoes!
Basic Equipment for Hiking
- Sturdy, comfortable and waterproof hiking boots or approach shoes
- Layered, moisture wicking clothing
- Hiking socks
- Rucksack (with rain cover)
- Protection against sun, rain and wind (hat, sunscreen, water- and windproof jacket and suitable legwear)
- Hiking poles
- Ample supply of drinking water and snacks
- First aid kit
- Blister kit
- Bivy / survival bag
- Survival blanket
- Pocket knife
- Cell phone
- Navigation equipment / map and compass
- Emergency contact details
- The 'basic' and 'technical' equipment lists are generated based on the selected activity. They are not exhaustive and only serve as suggestions for what you should consider packing.
- For your safety, you should carefully read all instructions on how to properly use and maintain your equipment.
- Please ensure that the equipment you bring complies with local laws and does not include restricted items.
Duration : h
Highest point m
Lowest point m
Push the arrows to change the view